As part of our mission, we developed the YES! “Dream Team” program, designed to mentor high school youth who, in turn, mentor younger youth in areas of exercise, education and self-esteem. Dream Team coaches will learn valuable leadership skills through their involvement with the program and encourage others to pursue their dreams.
For the parents of the High School Junior or Senior.
What will your youth do?
- Assist in and then lead our Energy and Solutions exercise classes designed to be fun, opportunities to get youth more physically active
- Build relationship with youth in the class to help them feel more secure and accepted
- Create an environment in which youth are excited to work hard to achieve goals
- Mentor youth to pursue their goals and dreams, both on and off the turf
- Communicate Nutritional Knowledge Builders to help educate youth to make healthier choices
- Encourage youth by giving high-fives and positive feedback throughout the class as well as “honeybuck” incentives at the end of class to reward hard work
For the invited DREAM TEAM coach. (Student)
The Dream Team coach has the unique opportunity to excite and mentor younger youth and to enjoy exercise and help them improve self-esteem.
What will you learn?
- Valuable Team-Building skills to create synergy
- Methods and Styles of Leadership to inspire others
- Effective Communication techniques to accomplish a common goal
- Problem-solving Skills
- Time Management
- Solutions for Business challenges
If you or someone you know would like to participate and become a DREAM TEAM Coach.